Wednesday, April 21, 2010

St. Viator Bass Fishing Team


Friday April 23rd is the Busse Woods Sectional for the Illinois High School Association 2010 Bass Fishing State Tournament. I was asked to be the team boat driver/coach for St. Viator High School, Arlington Heights, IL. I graduated from St. Viator in 1985 and it is an honor to be participating as a driver/coach for this years event. My brothers and I were happy to be able to donate the use of our boat to our former High School. Not only did each of us receive a quality education from St. Viator, we also made many long lasting friendships and a boat load of memories.

Hopefully the weather will cooperate for us on Friday and we will be able to complete the 5 hours of fishing. About two hours ago it was as warm as 65 and sunny and it is now overcast and much colder. It must have dropped about 20 degrees. The up and down temps will make it difficult to find numbers of active fish, and I believe that a lucky fish or two is all the students might need to place at this years event. In order to qualify for the State Finals on Carlyle Lake on May 7Th and 8Th St. Viator will need to finish within the top three teams at the Sectional.

As a competitive sport fisherman I have competed in a number of Muskie fishing tournaments in the past, and although I am not fishing in this event, I feel that I am just about as nervous and excited as one can get. The boat is ready to go. The team has pre-fished the main pool at Busse Lake and we have formulated a strategic plan. Now all we have to do is execute and hope that the Bass help us out a little bit too. I know that Patrick, Daniel and I will do our best to try and qualify for the State Finals. Good Luck to all of the participating teams at this years Sectional and let's hope for a nice day for everyone involved!

1 comment:

Cappy's Pond on Youtube